For a Ozone Dentist Consultation Call 301.770.2270
Ozone Dentist Therapy is used to treat common dental problems including dental cavities, gum and periodontal disease, root canal treatment, (bone pathology) and preventative therapy. This service is available in Rockville MD and Burtonsville MD.
How To use Ozone Dentist Therapy:
- Ozonated Water Rinse: Used to treat tooth abscesses, periodontal and gum infections, sore throats, and ulcerations. Ozonated water is used in all our treatment rooms at Natural Dentist Associates.
- Tooth Cavity Prevention and Gum Disease Prevention: Ozone Trays are made that fit over the teeth and gums. the Ozone Dentist will pass Ozone and Oxygen gas into the tray for a period of time and the treatment is repeated every few months. There are no side effects or chemicals involved. Ozone Tray Therapy is considered non-invasive and is one of the most effective forms of cavity and gum disease prevention treatments.
- Prevent Root Canals and Even Tooth Extractions. Deep Cavities are washed with ozonated water followed by ozone gas that often prevents a tooth nerve from dying, thus making a root canal or extraction unnecessary.
- Disinfect a Tooth Prior to Placing a Filling. The tooth is composed of many porous tubules that may contain harmful bacteria. The Ozone Dentist can use Ozonated water and gas can permeate these tubules and kill the bacteria. The ozone gas also oxygenates the tooth pulp and helps restore the health of the tooth. When Teeth are not sterilized prior to placing a filling, bacteria and viruses get trapped into the pores of the teeth.
- Treat pain in the TMJ with ozone. The Ozone Dentist can inject ozone gas directly into the TMJ for the purpose of killing microorganisms which studies show complicate TMJ disorders. It also may reduce the inflammation and promote new cartilage growth.
- Treat bone infections in past extraction sites that did not heal properly, called Bone Pathology.
- Most patients do not report any ozone dental treatment side effects.
Ozone is a molecule consisting of three atoms of oxygen. It is produced naturally by lightning and by various industrial processes. Ozone can be used in dentistry with no side effect and no contraindications with other medicine or any medical disorders the patient may have.
When ozone molecules split into single oxygen atoms, they can react when coming in contact with a contaminant. Ozone is so reactive that it never fails to initiate this reactive activity. The reduction of air borne infections is scientifically proven. (Jakab GJ, Hmieleski RR, 1988, Wolcott JA, et al, 1982). This reaction is all done through the single atom oxidizing the contaminants. As this reaction takes place, it destroys all the contaminants it comes in contact with by changing its physical properties, resulting in the contaminant no longer being toxic or able to reproduce. The additional ozone changes back to pure oxygen, thus making it environmentally friendly.
We serve primarily Rockville, Bethesda, Silver Spring, Wheaton, Potomac, DC, Gaithersburg, Kensington, Germantown, Burtonsville, Laurel, Columbia and Northern Virginia ( Mclean, Tysons Corner, Great Falls, Arlington ) but people travel from all over the country for our specialty and Holistic Dental Services.